25 Places to Promote Your Social Media ProfilesAnita Kirkbride
Now that you’ve got your Facebook Page, Twitter handle and LinkedIn profile all taken care of, you need to tell people you’re there.Social media is not like the Field of Dreams. If you build it, and don’t tell anyone it’s there, they will not come. Here are 25 ideas for places you can promote your social media presence.
- Business card
- Window/car decals
- Digital Screens (advertising TVs in waiting areas)
- Voice Mail
- Radio/TV ads
- Magazine ads
- Newspaper ads
- Online profiles (Manta, About.me, ContractMe.ca)
- Yellow Pages (if you still advertise there)
- Cross posting (inviting Twitter followers to find you on Facebook)
- Pay-per-Click advertising
- Banner ads on other websites or blogs
- Online Directories (Chamber of Commerce and other associations)
- Waiting Room signs
- Intake Forms
- Exit surveys
- E-mail signature (check this post for a suggestion)
- Lawn signs
Anita Hovey is the Head Twirp at Twirp Communications in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We provide social media training, workshops and management for small businesses and charities. Our specialty is women-focused organizations and women-owned businesses. If you need strategic advice, personalized training or someone to “just do it” for you, there’s a Twirp for that.
Join Social Media for Twirps
Subscribe to get emails of the latest social media news, tips, tricks and tutorials, curated with the small business owner in mind and I'll send you the Brain Tickling list of content ideas for your blog and social media.