Back to School Social Media StyleAnita Kirkbride
School is back in session this week, but the small business community has been back to work for a couple of weeks now. Mid-August is always a turning point for Halifax business, it seems. It’s the point when everyone seems to be done with vacations and wanting to get on track for the fall…even though they complain about summer not being long enough.
Back-to-school signals the start of another year. It’s an opportunity to start fresh, be reinvigorated and crush the last quarter of the year. With that in mind, here are 12 great opportunities for your “back-to-business” education.
Online Social Media Training
- Hootsuite Academy is full of great, free social media training. On demand.
- Social Media Succes Summit, by Social Media Examiner. 39 of the top social media experts share their tips and strategies. Begins Oct 4.
- Hootsuite Connect Watch presentations and visit 15+ virtual booths hosted by top industry brands. Oct 5, FREE.
- Skills Online NS, Free online training provided by the provincial government.
- Snapchat tutorials by Shaun Ayala. FREE and on-demand.
- Instagram training by Sue B. Zimmerman, FREE and paid, on-demand
- LinkedIn Masterclass by Melonie Dodaro, FREE and on-demand
Social Media Training in Halifax
- Hootsuite 101 with Twirp Communications, Oct 5th at Halifax Central Library
- Online Communications Strategy, with my good friend Linda Daley, Daley Progress, in Dartmouth, Wednesday mornings for 11 weeks. This one is FREE.
- BlogJam Atlantic is coming up on November 6th. There will be lots of learning for anyone interested in, or working on, a blog.
- WordPress Meetup happens every month in Halifax. Besides meeting great people, you’ll learn all about WordPress and maybe even get help with any issues you’re having.
- HaliHug, in-bound marketing discussion sponsored by Kula Partners.
- Ladies Learning Code Check out their upcoming events if you’re interested in learning about coding.
WHEW. That’s a lot. Pick one or two to attend…figure out what your goals are this fall and then work towards them. There’s always more to learn.