All my favourite social media and otherwise “geeky” resources in one place! Just click on a name to be taken to the site.
- Tweriod – find the best time to Tweet
- Twilert – get e-mail updates on a Twitter search
- Mr. Unfollower – find out who unfollows you every week
- Proxlet – mute “noisy” Tweeps
- ManageFlitter – Manage your follows
- Social Bro – Manage your follows with advanced targetting
- TweetChat – makes participating in Twitter Parties much, much easier
- Facebook Grid Image Checker – this tool helps you see if you have too much text on your image. For use with Facebook advertisements.
- Post Planner – a great scheduling app if you’re mainly using Facebook.
General Geeky apps & extensions for Google/Gmail
- WiseStamp (branded e-mail signature)
- FormSwift (free, email signature option)
- Fireshot (screen shot program)
- Read It Later – online reading list
- Hootlet (Hootsuite Extension for Chrome)
- Boomerang – Chrome extenstion brings emails back to the top of your Gmail inbox in a set amount of time, so you don’t forget to follow up
Social Media Management Tools
Read my blog post How to Choose a Social Media Scheduling Tool.
- Social Oomph
- Buffer – Now manages Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn
- IFTTT – (If This Then That) Great for helping with some types of auto-posting. I use this to post to my accounts when my blog is updated.
- Zapier – Similar to IFTTT, but has many more integrations to choose from. I have a paid account and use it mostly to send automagic email reminders based on events in my Google calendar.
- Hey Orca – a great tool for getting pre-approval of your content when working with agencies
- Meet Edgar – a robust recycling tool for your evergreen content. Perfect for affiliate marketers. Helps you repost the same types of messages in less time.
- TweetJukeBox – create lists of rotating evergreen social media content.
- Tailwind – works specifically with Pinterest
Measures of Influence on Social Media
- Canva – easy, template-based design for all social media needs.
- PageModo – easy, template-based design, mainly for Facebook.
- Relay – easy, template-based design for all social media, including SnapChat geo filters.
- Pablo – very limited, template-based designs for Twitter/Facebook, integrated with Buffer.
- Schedugram – Scheduling for Instagram
- Latergram.me – Scheduling for Instagram
- Photo Repost – There are NUMEROUS versions, all accomplish the same thing, sharing another person’s Instagram post on your feed.
- Instaquote/Wordswag – allow you to easily add text to a graphic
- Iconosquare – Instagram analytics and searching