Top Blogs to Follow for Social Media InformationAnita Kirkbride
I’m really pulling back the curtain here and letting you in on a little secret…I don’t know everything about social media! Shhhhhhhhh! I rely on a variety of other social media experts to help keep me in the loop on all things social. Social media simply changes too fast and too often for one person to know everything about every network. Here are some of the people/companies that I follow to keep up-to-date on the various networks and programs we all use and love/hate.
1. Jon Loomer – I’ve mentioned Jon many times, and to many people. If you want to understand Facebook advertising, this is the website to check out. He’s got great training modules and lots of helpful blog posts. Jon is probably my number one website referral point.
2. Melonie Dodaro – Melonie focuses on LinkedIn. Her blog is full of great tips for optimizing your LinkedIn presence and making use of the advanced features.
3. Jay Baer – Jay is, most recently, the author of Youtility, one of my favourite social media marketing books. This blog was recently named the number one blog for content marketing by the Content Marketing Institute. Whether you like to read or listen, Jay has both options for you.
4. Giles Crouch – To get access to Giles’ thoughts on the future of digital and big data, you’ll have to follow him on LinkedIn where he publishes his posts.
5. Hootsuite – Featuring tips for the small business owner, case studies and, of course, the latest updates to Hootsuite and the Hootsuite app.
6. Rebekah Radice – Is it wrong that the first thing I want to say about Rebekah’s blog is that she has awesome graphics? Her blog is full of great tips for all the networks.
7. Peggy Fitzpatrick – I first “met” Peggy while writing for 12 Most. Peggy’s blog, also full of great graphics, is full of tips for Pinterest and Google +, two of the lesser used networks locally. Peggy recently co-authored her first book “The Art of Social Media” with Guy Kawasaki.
8. Leaderswest – Jim Dougherty curates this blog from a varied list of bloggers…I’ve been lucky enough to be featured on there once. Info ranges from SEO, to blogging, from customer service to WordPress attacks and how to prevent them.
9. unmarketing – Scott is always good for a good ol’ common sense, kick-in-the-pants laugh. This is another blog that gives you the choice of reading or listening via podcast.
These are the blogs I find myself reading time and again, and retweeting. What are your go-to blogs for social media advice, inspiration and information?
Join Social Media for Twirps
Subscribe to get emails of the latest social media news, tips, tricks and tutorials, curated with the small business owner in mind and I'll send you the Brain Tickling list of content ideas for your blog and social media.