You have everything you need to manage your own social media marketing.
And I’m not just saying that to fluff your feathers, either.
So often, clients come to me worried about being in an in-between stage in business, where:
- They’re either not big enough to hire a dedicated social media manager, or they’re apprehensive about handing over the control when they‘ve been doing it themselves for so long
- Their skill level ranges from new business owners who are just jumping into the online marketing world to more seasoned pros who get how things work, but still need help with social media strategy and tech from time to time
Let me reassure you: This is a completely normal experience.
The massive amount of choice and change in the online world makes it seem impossible to get to the point where small business owners feel confident that the strategy they’re developing is the right fit for them and the output is actually attracting the right audience.
The secret to succeeding in your online marketing is getting the right strategies, systems, and tech in place — and then showing up consistently and authentically.
I’m here to tell you that social media marketing might feel like a big undertaking, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming or complicated.
You show up for your business every single day. You put in the effort for growth with determination and drive. That’s the attitude and conviction you need to bring to your social media efforts.
The rest — the tech, know how, and all the social media changes and updates that happen over time — can be learned.
And I’d love the opportunity to be the one to help guide you.
Hi, I’m Anita Kirkbride, social media consultant, speaker, and CEO of Twirp Communications.
I combine my degree in public relations with my practical experience creating internet content (since the 90s!) to teach other small businesses how to tap into the power of social media. I started my business in 2011 to help organizations share their message with the world at large, and what I realized is so many companies have the capability to do this for themselves, but what they don’t have is the experience, education, and strategic mindset to build momentum.
You don’t need to hire a new employee or even a consultant to manage your social media accounts. You simply need encouragement, strategy, and guidance.
And that’s where I come in.
You have authenticity. You have drive. You have dedication, and most importantly, you have a message to share with your audience. You just have to apply that in your efforts. With a strategy, system, and mentorship, you can leverage your social media to grow your audience and your bottom line.
- Founder of Social Media Day Halifax, Atlantic Canada's premier annual social media marketing conference
- Featured speaker at a variety of industry conferences and events, including Atlantic Internet Marketing Conference, Blog Jam, PodCamp, and the Centre for Women in Business, and more
- Increased a client’s Facebook following from 7k to 30k fans.
- Assisted two clients in winning $100,000 social-media focused campaigns.
- I eat cilantro like most people eat lettuce. Pre-pandemic, you might find me in a grocery store sniffing bunches to find the best of the best.
- If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be anywhere I could spend all day on the beach.
- You can find me anywhere on social media, but you can also watch me on TV, as I was interviewed for a show on Discovery Science.
- I’m married to a clown. Yes, seriously: My husband “Sweet-P” is a clown for Shriners International, a fraternal fundraising organization that raises money for youth medical conditions.