Are you afraid of showing certain parts of yourself on social media because you think you will lose customers? Anita and Erin discuss owning and including your personality, quirks, and beliefs in your content to attract the right clients and repel the wrong ones. They also discuss Anita’s new website and how Erin’s copywriting is a major component of that.
Key points in this episode:
- Learn about Erin’s copywriting for Anita’s website
- What was involved in the rebrand of twirp.ca
- The importance of a designer and copywriter working together on a website
- Tips for those writing their own web copy
- How Erin shows up in social media and what she looks for to get to know others
- The pressure to show up perfectly
- Erin’s focus on social justice issues on social media
Erin Ollila believes in the power of words and how a message can inform – and even transform – its intended audience. Her work can be found all over the internet and in print, and includes interviews, ghostwriting, copywriting, and creative nonfiction. Erin is a geek for SEO and all things content marketing. She graduated from Fairfield University with an M.F.A. in Creative Writing.
Connect with Erin:
Connect with Anita:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Anne Lamott’s, Bird By Bird